sherabookwhispers

Biting Cold
Chloe Neill
Hidden (Guardians of Time, #1)
Marianne Curley
Gameboard of the Gods (Age of X, #1)
Richelle Mead
Seduced in the Dark
C.J. Roberts
Obsidian
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Silver (The Silver #1)
Cheree Alsop
Inked Magic ( Inked Magic World #1)
Jory Strong
Three to Get Deadly
Janet Evanovich
Passion Play
Beth Bernobich
Blood Bound (An Unbound Novel)
Rachel Vincent
Awakened - Kristin Cast, P.C. Cast The last book the only thing that kept me holding on to this series was the Beauty and the Beast romance between Stevie Rae and Rephaim. The plot of Zoey’s shattered soul bored me to tears, though it was interesting to see the idea behind the White Bull (evil) and the Black Bull (good), and the many takes of old magic. So when I cracked open Awakened I knew it had to be better then Burned. In some ways I was right.

Zoey reminds on the Isle of Skye to continue her healing as everyone else heads back to the Tulsa House of Night. A tragic death that will no doubt bother many readers—I know I got misty eyed—finally wakes Zoey up enough to admit she needs to stand up to evil. While on the island though the authors share some fun little facts about old magic and the Faye.

For the most part I still find Zoey very annoying. In my mind there’s a difference between being humble and wanting to do a good job at a task you feel unqualified to take, and just being whiny all the time. Instead of looking forward to Zoey’s story I look forward to the many other riveting side plots. Dragon, the Sword Master of the house of night, is still dealing with the loss of his mate and may very well turn to darkness. Neferet becomes a very interesting character to follow along. Sure her voice is written much more soothing—make that mature—then what the Cast team things adolescent minds should sound like. The insanity that Neferet has fallen to is alluring to read. Best of all is the EPIC romance of Stevie Rae and Rephaim. Fans are going to be really happy with this one!

The House of Night series has always been a pretty sexually charged YA, however this one is taking the series a step up. Zoey and Stark are getting regular bedroom time, and we get to see more of Neferet too. In my opinion this is a great stepping stone book in that it’s taking readers into other directions then Zoey’s story. Kolana clearly isn’t just going to be this big dastardly villain anymore, there’s the hope of redemption. By the next book I’m hoping more characters will get the chance to shine—before more great characters die.

Sexual Content: As mentioned above there is some bedroom time to be had, though nothing as graphic as adult books.

3/5- Adored it, just a few minor details held it back.
Originally posted at Book Whispers.