sherabookwhispers

Biting Cold
Chloe Neill
Hidden (Guardians of Time, #1)
Marianne Curley
Gameboard of the Gods (Age of X, #1)
Richelle Mead
Seduced in the Dark
C.J. Roberts
Obsidian
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Silver (The Silver #1)
Cheree Alsop
Inked Magic ( Inked Magic World #1)
Jory Strong
Three to Get Deadly
Janet Evanovich
Passion Play
Beth Bernobich
Blood Bound (An Unbound Novel)
Rachel Vincent
Succubus Shadows - Richelle Mead Thoughts:

Is it me, or does Georgina get whiter and whiter with these covers. No, I'm not talking pale. White. As in clown white. Scratch that, this is mime white, I feel like she's going to put her hands up to imaginary glass and do that creepy thing mimes do.

The covers may be degenerating over time, but Succubus Shadows picked up nicely from the last one. After the affair, I wasn't sure how Mead would make me get sucked back in. She did though, and this is the big turning point in the series. That's right, the turning point, even more then the HUGE breakup(s).

Crazy entities are still after Georgina, this time she's wondering why. Things are interested in her—her and Seth, more questions are being raised(at last) and some answers given. Even if Georgina isn't grasping a couple of them just yet.

Georgina's love life is still in crisis. Roman's not out to kill her, he wants her back, and she's not sure where she stands with him. Seth is going forward with the wedding, and Georgina keeps getting pulled into the plans. She can't move on and blue moods persist, and things are preying on those moods promising her things she desperately needs right now. When she finally is sucked in, a new succubus is trying to bag and tag Seth pretending to be her.

When she gives into it at last, dreams of truth and lies onslaught her as some of Nyx's children are out for revenge. All of those dreams could have turned into a tiring page after page dream sequence, but Mead knows what she's doing. She takes readers to some important truths from her past, and gives the readers some answers to Seth and Georgina's more-then-meets-the-eye relationship. Some of the present lies where really interesting to watch, and the present truths, watching how Roman is set out to find her was great. They all balanced so well. So why we are trapped in dream land, the reader can still see the rescue unfold.

Roman developed a lot. So much so, I'm even more in love with him before. It hurt watching how much he went through to find Georgina and that he could let her go, because he could see where her heart was. Roman is one character I need to know where he is going to end up, it's now turned into an obsession for me.

This was a character development book. Georgina past was so great to explore, learning how time took it's tole on her hellish role. Georgina grew up a lot, and I loved watching it. Other peeks at lives and interactions were great for the other characters. Seth has changed a lot, in part because Georgina came in to his life, but these are steps he took. Even after Georgian was “not” a part of it, he continued to change, but those are his choices.

The drama cranks up at the end of Succubus Shadows, the dream man is revealed. And so much more, but I don't want to give it away. I did feel Georgina recovered a little too fast after her torture, this wasn't torture a strong person could have walked away from. I love Georgina, but she's not that strong.

Bottom Line:

This may not be one of the biggest plot bombshell in the series, but this is a huge turning point. This book is also the one for character development, every one grows. The reader loves the characters more and everything is starting to lead up to the why of Georgina and Seth's love. This book fuels my Roman addiction and pulls off what could have been a tiring tell of dreams and more dreams. In the end all I can say is, “Go Mead, go Mead!” (Picture really stupid cheering moves.)

Sexual Content:

Yes, it did seem to be a little more toned down after the last one. This is still a Succubus book, look out.

Rating:
5/5 – Ah, this is Heaven! Skipping this book is not an option.