sherabookwhispers

Biting Cold
Chloe Neill
Hidden (Guardians of Time, #1)
Marianne Curley
Gameboard of the Gods (Age of X, #1)
Richelle Mead
Seduced in the Dark
C.J. Roberts
Obsidian
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Silver (The Silver #1)
Cheree Alsop
Inked Magic ( Inked Magic World #1)
Jory Strong
Three to Get Deadly
Janet Evanovich
Passion Play
Beth Bernobich
Blood Bound (An Unbound Novel)
Rachel Vincent
Hold Me Closer, Necromancer (Necromancer #1) - Lish McBride It feels like ages since I've read a good YA. Especially one I deem worthy of a 5 star rating. The last two to three YAs I've actually put down and never looked back. After the first two pages of HMC,N I thought "this is fun!" After 20, I had no thoughts. Nothing but shear, undeniable addiction.

McBride is wicked and, oh, so twistedly kooky. Why you ask? McBride takes her dark sense of humor mixes in necromancers, witches, were critters, Faye, vampires, and so much more into a hilarious riot of fun! No really. A girl gets her head chopped off and then is reanimated back to life—as only a head. Despite the horrors of the action, I found myself cracking up most of the time. In fact, the talking head fit right in. Now that is saying something about McBride’s skill at world building. Not too many authors could pull off a talking head.

The evil villain is really creepy and while we never really get to know him, McBride gives us enough of a background to know he just didn't pop up and decided to be evil. It would be great if we got more on Douglass—scary name. However, I feel like the reader is given just enough to know what is going on with him and not bog the book down. Because there is plenty of material here to cover for a fun romance, mystical councils, Sam's mysterious past as he discovers he's a Necromancer, and all of the other characters. This is a title packed with great characters (each on worming their way into my heart), fun plot, and great twists so readers can't get bored!

Forget about the tacky title. Yes, it's a spoof off of a song, but that's another great thing readers will come to love about this series is all the music spoofs. HMC,N has so much to offer readers. It's a title that makes me hold my head up high and say, "Yes I read YA books!" After so many disappointments from YA authors it's nice to get back to loving the genre again. At times I kept thinking, this is better then Harry Potter. For me that's enough of a testimony for a good read than anything else.

Sexual Content: There’s some mature talk, and it’s clear some of the characters get a little “something-something”, but it’s still a clean YA.

5/5- Fabulous, a beautiful obsession!

Originally reviewed at Book Whispers.