sherabookwhispers

Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires #6)
Chloe Neill
Hidden (Guardians of Time, #1)
Marianne Curley
Gameboard of the Gods (Age of X, #1)
Richelle Mead
Seduced in the Dark
C.J. Roberts
Obsidian
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Silver (The Silver #1)
Cheree Alsop
Inked Magic ( Inked Magic World #1)
Jory Strong
Three to Get Deadly
Janet Evanovich
Passion Play
Beth Bernobich
Blood Bound (An Unbound Novel)
Rachel Vincent
Here Be Sexist Vampires (Deep In Your Veins, #1) - Suzanne  Wright Giggling. It is a word I now cringe to see on the page. Everybody giggles in this book. Laughing and chuckling do not exist. Every time a strong male character, or even the lead herself, started giggling I was completely pulled out of the book. In real life giggling is annoying, I think on the page it's only made more annoying. Don't even get me started on some of the other grammatical errors.

Yes, this book made me laugh. No, the plot was not engaging. The male lead, Jake, was horrible. He is a sexist prick and up to the point that I read to he doesn't get over it. The strong female lead justifies his action. The excuse that he's a man in power and is just enjoying the perks of those powers does not cut it. He treats his three concubines horribly! He doesn't treat them like humans, but possessions. Even after he develops and admits his feelings for Sam he's still sexist. Jake never truly makes the revelation that the way he acts towards woman is wrong, even after he gets his HEA with Sam.

Sam is a strong female and the character that is being built does not fit the stupidity that leaps out and slaps the readers. She doesn't want to be a possession anymore, but she lusts after Jake immediately even after she realizes he’s a sexist jerk. My understanding is that there love makes her accept Jake's over bearing personality, possessiveness, and all that annoying stuff. But I didn't feel it.

The book is rough, and I'm beyond disappointed by all the positive reviews. Even if the story was brilliant, the writing would have pulled it down. Here Be Sexist Vampires tries too hard. The few laughs were great, but the story was frustrating.

Sexual Content: The majority of the book has no sex scenes. There’s plenty of sexual humor abound. A few sites have this labeled under erotica, to me it reads like a PNR. The most mild erotica I have ever read.

1/5- I couldn't finish it or wish I hadn't

Originally reviewed at Book Whispers.