sherabookwhispers

Biting Cold
Chloe Neill
Hidden (Guardians of Time, #1)
Marianne Curley
Gameboard of the Gods (Age of X, #1)
Richelle Mead
Seduced in the Dark
C.J. Roberts
Obsidian
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Silver (The Silver #1)
Cheree Alsop
Inked Magic ( Inked Magic World #1)
Jory Strong
Three to Get Deadly
Janet Evanovich
Passion Play
Beth Bernobich
Blood Bound (An Unbound Novel)
Rachel Vincent
Anew (The Archers of Avalon, #1) - Chelsea Fine Love triangle. Yep another one, but don't roll your eyes and ignore this book! It's made me come to terms with the fact that I adore love triangles—when done right. Tension, emotional turmoil, confusion, and the overall moment when you pick a side. Then you get to root and panic about your man (or girl) not getting picked! It is so nice to get all of those feelings with Anew.

Scarlet wakes up in the forest and has know idea who she is. Two years later all of her memories are still gone, and she feels that loss. She's been adopted by a great guardian and has a fantastic friend. When at the local Kissing Festival—yep—she meets a handsome boy that makes her feel normal, and another guy is creepily stalking her. Soon Scarlet is pulled back into a love triangle that has been going on since the 1500s, one that evolves around her death and eventual revival.

What I love is the unique way that immortals exist in the Archers of Avalon series. The mythology is fun and different. The slow revel is just tantalizing enough, without getting exhausting. Books that make headway are always a plus with me. It's so nice to read a book that doesn't feel like it's stealing ideas and concepts from other authors.

The cast of characters are real charmers. Especially Scarlet's best friend who is a crazy combinations of perky-blabber-mouth blonde that could have been annoying, yet ends up endearing. There's a nerdy immortal that helps the team out and I just love him. There's plenty of room here for other relationships to sprout up! It’s wonderful that all the characters are so well developed that they grow throughout the book, evolving right before the readers eyes. They’re not characters, they’re friends. People you want to invest your time in.

In the end you have to give this a try! Probably one of the strongest self published titles I've read in the YA genre. The cliffhanger ending made me immediately run out and buy the next book, and if the 3rd book would have been available too that baby would be mine! It's that good! So come on! Enjoy the unique mythology, swoon over a romance story that’s well done—don’t deny it you secretly want to—and enjoy characters that you would love to be friends with.

Sexual Content: Some sexual humor, kissing. Overall pretty clean.

4/5- Great! Really enjoyed it.

Originally reviewed on Book Whispers.