sherabookwhispers

Biting Cold
Chloe Neill
Hidden (Guardians of Time, #1)
Marianne Curley
Gameboard of the Gods (Age of X, #1)
Richelle Mead
Seduced in the Dark
C.J. Roberts
Obsidian
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Silver (The Silver #1)
Cheree Alsop
Inked Magic ( Inked Magic World #1)
Jory Strong
Three to Get Deadly
Janet Evanovich
Passion Play
Beth Bernobich
Blood Bound (An Unbound Novel)
Rachel Vincent
Colters' Lady (Colters' Legacy) - Maya Banks With the first book, Colters’ Woman, it felt as if the sex scenes took over and left the remaining plot threads unwoven. I wanted to feel like the plot and the resulting sex actually went together, instead of the book relying on the foursome. The promise was there for the first book, and I wanted to hold onto that promise.

Lily has been living on the streets in Denver for three years. She's just trying to survive and forget the sins of her past. That’s when Officer Seth steps in to save Lily. Immediately he knows she's the one for him and he's taking care of her no matter what. Then Seth's other two brothers (Dillon and Michael) meet her, and none of them want to live with out her.

Now, I'll be the first to admit they hook up pretty quick in this book. But things are handled much better then the first one. The three brothers never thought they would all share the same woman, and they actually have a tough time accepting it. For the page count, I think Banks did an excellent enough job. (After all there's a certain amount of un-reality you have to expect with a 4 way love story.)

The crowning point for this story was that characters from the old books were involved. The Dad's (Adam, Ethan, and Ryan), Holly (leading lady from the last book), and three brothers' sister Cassie. Even other side characters had roles to play. It was completely heartwarming seeing the dynamics of the family and I appreciated developing other characters besides the 4 main ones. Namely Cassie, by the time the book was over I was beyond ready for her tale.

In the end this isn't perfect, it's a short book and it's an unrealistic fantasy. Knowing all this Maya Banks pulls Colter's Lady off wonderfully. Lily falls in love with the brothers, and deals with her pasts horrors so that we can really be involved with the love story. (In fact, I cried really hard at Lily’s past and her “sins.”) Each brother has a unique personality and this time I could actually pick a favorite (Dillon!). The reader gets to enjoy the family dynamics of such a crazy family and get to see their favorite characters again.

Sexual content: Explicit sex, multiple partners, graphic language, and foursomes!!

Rating: 4/5- Great! Really enjoyed it.

Originally reviewed at Book Whispers.