sherabookwhispers

Biting Cold
Chloe Neill
Hidden (Guardians of Time, #1)
Marianne Curley
Gameboard of the Gods (Age of X, #1)
Richelle Mead
Seduced in the Dark
C.J. Roberts
Obsidian
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Silver (The Silver #1)
Cheree Alsop
Inked Magic ( Inked Magic World #1)
Jory Strong
Three to Get Deadly
Janet Evanovich
Passion Play
Beth Bernobich
Blood Bound (An Unbound Novel)
Rachel Vincent
Fantasy Lover - Sherrilyn Kenyon Genre: Paranormal Romance

Thoughts:

"Dirty Joke." Is the first thoughts that pop into my head after reading Fantasy Lover. Personally I love a dirty joke, especially a good one. Fantasy Lover is one good dirty joke.

I'm not saying that it didn't have some intense moments. Jillian is our man trapped in the book to be a "love slave," and Kenyon brings the harsh reality of that into light. Grace has been wounded before and no longer trusts men. She's a sex therapist who doesn't have sex, but when you've lost you're virginity to a bet sex starts to sour. They're both damaged and Kenyons straight forward writing amplifies the healing the two do to each other.

I will admit for all the raving out there this was a little disappointing. The plot was very formalistic. Good characters, that dirty humor, and a fun pace makes it seem pretty original. Even though I found myself annoyed at the same old miscommunication ploy (you know the one where neither character can confess their feelings, and they both feel they don't deserve each other because of low self esteem issues) I was still cheering them on.

The Greek mythology was a surprise. Vampires always popped into mind when thinking about the Dark Hunter series. For this Xena and Hercules fan it was a real treat to have Greek myths and tragedies gracing the pages. Gods and Goddess pop up and it's so fun. I love getting takes on other peoples versions of Greek gods. Jillian's life was like a Greek tragedy and I loved it!!

Bottom LIne: If you love a dirty joke, with one heck of a punch line, this is the book for you. Greek myth and tragedy mix well together to give the reader a fun paranormal romance. If you've been thinking about reading the series I would say don't miss out on this book 0. I don't know much about this series, but some of the characters that show up in other books are mentioned and met in this book breifly so I think it will add to the series as you read it.

Sexual content:

Full sex scenes, naughty words, and talk about sex. (What part of dirty joke didn't you understand!?)

3/5- Adored it, just a few minor details held it back.